When it comes to weddings, the bridal lehenga is one of the most important aspects. It’s not only a statement piece that stands out in photos but also a reflection of your personality and style. Finding the perfect lehenga for your special day can be overwhelming. With so many choices and styles available in lehenga for women, it can be difficult to know what will look best on you. But don’t worry—we’ve got you covered! This blog post provides a comprehensive guide to choosing your bridal lehenga. From colors and fabrics to tailoring and embellishments, read on to learn everything you need to know before making your decision.
How to choose the perfect bridal lehenga?
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and you want to look absolutely breathtaking. But with so many different styles of lehengas to choose from, it can be tough to know where to start.
Here are a few tips on how to choose the perfect bridal lehenga:
- Decide on the silhouette that you want. Lehengas come in a variety of different silhouettes, so it’s important to pick one that will flatter your body type. There are many options that combine traditional and contemporary styles like ruffled lehengas, Kurti lehengas, Anarkali lehengas, and more. If you’re not sure which silhouette will work best for you, ask a friend or family member for their opinion.
- Choose a color that compliments your skin tone. Not all colors look good on everyone, so it’s important to find a hue that compliments your natural skin tone. If you’re not sure which color looks best on you, ask a salesperson for help.
- Consider the occasion. Is this lehenga for your wedding ceremony, reception, or both? If you’re only wearing it for the ceremony, you might want to go for a more traditional style. If you’re planning on wearing it for both the ceremony and reception, then you have more freedom to experiment with different styles and colors.
- Think about the fabric. Lehengas are usually made from silk, satin, or cotton fabrics. Each fabric has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it’s important to pick one that will work well
The different types of bridal lehengas based on shape
There are three main types of bridal lehengas based on their shape: A-line, mermaid, and flared.
A-line lehengas are fitted at the waist and flare out from the hips in an A-shape. They are a versatile option for all body types as they flatter most figures.
Mermaid lehengas are tight-fitting from the waist to the knees and then flare out from the calves in a mermaid-tail shape. They accentuate your curves and are best suited for hourglass or pear-shaped figures.
Flared lehengas have a wide skirt that flares out from the waist in a trumpet or bell shape. They add volume to your look and are perfect for petite brides who want to create the illusion of a fuller figure.
Types of bridal lehenga based on work
There are numerous types of bridal lehengas available in the market, each with its own unique work and design. Here is a list of some of the most popular types of bridal lehengas based on their work:
- Heavy embroidered lehengas: These lehengas are heavily embellished with intricate embroidery work, making them ideal for weddings and other formal occasions.
- Light embroidered lehengas: These lehengas have lighter embroidery work, making them more suitable for daytime or casual occasions.
- Plain lehengas: As the name suggests, these lehengas are plain and simple, without any elaborate work. They are perfect for those who want a no-fuss look for their wedding day.
- Sequinned lehengas: These lehengas are adorned with sequins, which add a touch of glamour to the overall look. They are ideal for evening or night-time events.
Best fabrics for bridal lehengas
When it comes to choosing the best fabric for your bridal lehenga, there are a few things you need to take into account. The first is the climate you’ll be getting married in. If it’s a hot climate, then you’ll want to choose a lightweight fabric like chiffon or georgette. If it’s a cold climate, then you’ll want to choose a heavier fabric like velvet or brocade.
The second thing you need to take into account is the overall style of your lehenga. If you’re going for a more traditional look, then heavy Fabrics like silk, Velvet, and Brocade are usually best. If you’re going for a more modern look, then lighter fabrics like chiffon and georgette are usually best.
Here are some of the most popular fabrics for bridal lehengas:
Silk: Silk is one of the most popular fabrics for bridal lehengas because it has a beautiful sheen and is very comfortable to wear. It’s also fairly easy to find Silk lehengas in a variety of colors and styles.
Velvet: Velvet is another popular choice for bridal lehengas because it’s luxurious and looks very expensive. It can be tricky to find Velvet lehengas in lighter colors though, so if you’re set on wearing a Velvet lehenga, be prepared to go with a darker color.
How to style your bridal lehenga?
Your bridal lehenga is one of the most important pieces of your wedding ensemble, and it should be chosen with care. But once you’ve found the perfect lehenga, how do you style it? Here are a few tips to help you style your bridal lehenga like a pro:
- Choose the right accessories: Your bridal lehenga should be accessorized with care. Choose jewelry that complements your lehenga and enhances your overall look.
- Get the perfect fit: A well-fitting lehenga is key to looking your best on your big day. Make sure to get your measurements taken by a professional before ordering your lehenga.
- Consider your hair and makeup: Your hair and makeup should complement your bridal lehenga and overall look. Work with a professional makeup artist and hairstylist to create a look that enhances your natural beauty.
- Practice walking in your lehenga: Before the big day, practice walking in your lehenga so you can avoid any wardrobe mishaps. Walk around in your house or even outside to get used to the feel of wearing a long skirt.
- Be confident: Confidence is key when it comes to rocking your bridal lehenga. Believe in yourself and know that you look beautiful!
We hope this guide has been helpful in helping you choose the perfect bridal lehenga for your special day. The right lehenga can make all the difference, whether it is traditional or modern, and will help create a stunning look that everyone will remember. With so many options available to choose from, take your time to find the one that matches your style and personality perfectly. Don’t forget to accessorize with beautiful jewelry pieces to complete your look!